Swamped with your writing assignments? Take the weight off your shoulder!
Hello. The questions need to be answered in APA format. Quoted, summarized, and paraphrased content cannot stand alone – all sourced information must be accompanied by at least 3-4 lines of self-written, original text, explaining each line of quoted content. Quoted, summarized, or paraphrased material, derived from a source needs to be cited/referenced both in-text and as a reference at the end of the response. Thank you!
1) What is the “key stage” in the research cycle, according to Adams et al?
2) Consider the following scenario: You work for the Arizona Department of Corrections and are tasked with determining reasons for a recent escalation in violence in state prisons. Would you propose using a qualitative or quantitative research method to better understand the problem? Why?
3) What is “applied research,” according to Adams et al? Mention the types of applied research.
4) Which of the following items are common reasons for undertaking social science (or business) research according to Adams et al? Select one:
a. To solve a management or organizational problem
b. To understand shifts in attitudes
c. To obtain information
d. All of the above
5) What is an “exit poll,” according to American Government and Politics in the Information Age?
6) Some people say that politicians and other public officials should pay attention to public opinion when making decisions. Other people say that such leaders should not pay much attention to public opinion. Briefly, in two or three sentences, explain these two views, according to American Government and Politics in the Information Age.
7) McLeod’s article provides five examples of qualitative research. Identify three of them.
8) Explain what is meant by “elite opinion” in American Government and Politics in the Information Age.
9) Which of the following questions should be asked about polls according to “Journalist Cheat Sheet to Understand Poll”?
a. The exact question wording
b. Other polls done on the topic
c. The margin of error
d. The dates the interviews were conducted
e. All of the above
10) According to R. Kreuger, what is role of the focus group interviewer or moderator?
11) Write a hypothesis on each of the three following topics:
Each hypothesis must be one concise sentence and follow the basic principles for a good hypothesis for the social sciences according to the reference materials provided. Providing background information on the topics is not necessary.
Example: College graduates have higher incomes than non-graduates.
References (more are attached):