Swamped with your writing assignments? Take the weight off your shoulder!
• Each student will pick a publicly traded company to evaluate from the provided list. Instructor
approval is needed before doing any extensive research. No two students will be assigned the same
company. GameStop Corp. (GME) is the Selected company .
• All projects must be typed, 25 pages, double-spaced and follow APA Style Guidelines (see OWL @
Purdue). A minimum of 8 points will be subtracted for each page below the 25-page minimum.
• The project must be in complete sentences and will be graded on grammar, spelling, and whether your
answers are clear and precise.
• Your grade will depend on the thoroughness of your analysis and ability to demonstrate the strategic
• You will receive a zero if more than 25% of your paper is deemed to be plagiarized. Furthermore, you
NOT allowed to reference other people’s analysis of the company. The only references that are
acceptable are SEC company filings and articles from business publications with an author. For
full credit, you must cite each of your references in your paper with in-text citations and
Your analysis must include all sections shown below. Label each heading appropriately. Provide a brief
purpose of each section before each analysis. This is where you demonstrate the strategic management
process. Point values for each section are given.
The project is worth a total of 220 points. Below is grading sheet for the strategic management project.
MGMT 4830 Individual Strategic Management Grading Sheet Points Earned
I. Strategic Profile – (20 points) SLO 2
A. Background and Current Situation
B. Mission & Vision
C. Business Level
D. Corporate Level
II. External Analysis (40 points) SLO 7
A. General Environment
B. Industry Analysis (Porter’s Five Forces)
C. Competitor Analysis
III. Internal Analysis (20 points) SLO 4
C. Core Competencies
IV. Financial Analysis (30 points) SLO 3
E. Shareholder Return
V. SWOT Analysis (40 points) SLO 5
VI. Corporate Governance (20 points) SLO 6
A. Board of Directors
B. Primary Stakeholders
C. Secondary Stakeholders
VII. Strategy Formulation (30 points) SLO 1
B. Strategic Alternative 1
C. Strategic Alternative 2
D. Evaluation of Alternatives
E. Strategic Selection and Conclusion
VIII. APA Style with References and Citations (20 points)