Swamped with your writing assignments? Take the weight off your shoulder!
1. Go to the WHO’s Global Health Observatory Country Views site (https://www.who.int/data/gho/data/countries ) and locate the country Uganda from the list.
* Choose from the alphabetized list, or click on Countries to view the data related to the selected country (Uganda)
* Click on Indicators, then the drop down menu next to Mental health to locate that country’s mental health information. Read the data for your country.
2. Last, access the WHO’s Global Health Observatory Indicator Views (https://www.who.int/data/gho/data/indicators/indicators-index).
* Click on Mental health outpatient facilities (per 100 000 population) (https://www.who.int/data/gho/data/indicators/indicator-details/GHO/mental-health-outpatient-facilities-(per-100-000) ) and investigate the Data table for each of these categories involving your selected country:
* Mental hospitals (per 100 000 population)
* Mental health units in general hospitals (per 100 000 population)
* Mental health outpatient facilities (per 100 000 population)
* Mental health day treatment facilities (per 100 000 population)
* You can also click on the Interactive graph and examine the data.
4. After you have investigated the data sources, write discussion post that addresses the following in 3 paragraphs:
1. Compare and contrast the narrative on mental health provided in the WHO’s publication, Integrating Mental Health Into Primary Care: A Global Perspective, with the data given in the other two sources. Which source provided you with the clearest understanding of the country’s mental healthcare? Why?
2. Identify two (2) barriers to the nursing care of patients with mental illness. Why are they barriers?
5. List the sources used in APA format.